Wednesday, October 20, 2022

    Today students at Slippery Rock woke up to a cold snowy day. The students were thrilled when they were emailed by the school and heard about the delayed schedule. Other students and myself included went back to bed because the new delayed schedule pushed your classes back about 1-2 hours. Another thing Slippery Rock did was make the classes only 35 minutes instead of 50 minutes. The only downside to this weather and the delayed schedule is its too cold and it can make driving to class unsafe once we really get into the winter and the schedule pushes back classes and if you have to work or do something your delayed class might get interrupted, for example I had my one class pushed back one hour so then I had to leave early in the middle of class to go meet with my advisor instead of sitting through my whole class. Im glad the school changed things up this year and added the new delay schedule.

Comments

  1. I too slept in during this two delay schedule. It was nice to be able to wake up to the email notifying me that classes were pushed back 2 hours. I also enjoyed the shortened class periods. I used the extra time I had to catch up on some homework and studying. The snow did make the roads hard to drive on in certain parts. I was extra careful driving to campus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised when I woke up and saw the email for a delay. Last year I think all there was were cancellations or nothing, so seeing a delay was surprising but nice. I also slept in some after seeing the email. Since I am on campus, I did not have to drive in, but normally when there is a heavier snow in January or February, it makes walking not too much fun. The fact that it snowed enough to get a delay in the middle of October was pretty unexpected to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I got up and received the email about the delay, I was astonished. Last year, I believe it was all cancellations or nothing, so seeing a delay was unexpected but welcome. I also slept in after receiving the email. I did have to drive in because I don't live on campus, but when it snows heavily it makes walking difficult. The fact that it snowed enough to cause a delay in the middle of October was, to say the least, unexpected.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

shoulders and arm workout

Pull Day